thoughts on the Mariners, MLB draft, and more homelinksdraftabout me

Yankees Will Not Sign Cole

Gerrit ColeThe Yankees announced a little over an hour ago that they will not sign their first round draft pick, Gerrit Cole. It looks like money was not the sticking point, but rather a desire to go to college than straight to the pros. The New York Times blog had a little blurb reporting this yesterday, actually. If I had read that before making my predictions on who would sign, I would have had a much better chance of predicting that Cole would not sign (but that's what I get for shooting from the gut instead of doing my homework). He has picked UCLA over the Yankees, meaning he will not be eligible for the draft again for another three years. I am a proponent of players going to college, and I also like seeing the Yankees face setbacks. I have decided that I like Gerrit Cole.

No comments:

Post a Comment