thoughts on the Mariners, MLB draft, and more homelinksdraftabout me

Non-Roster Race 2012 - Week 3

Three weeks ago, I debuted the non-roster invitee fantasy challenge. Prices continue to move. With a couple games in the books, how do prices look?
  • OF Vinnie Catricala: $20
  • OF Darren Ford: $10
  • RHP Matt Fox: $9
  • INF Nick Franklin: $24
  • LHP Steve Garrison: $2
  • RHP Jarrett Grube: $1
  • INF Carlos Guillen: $50
  • RHP Aaron Hielman: $15
  • LHP Sean Henn: $5
  • C Ralph Henriquez: $0
  • DH Luis Jimenez: $4
  • SS Munenori Kawasaki: $37
  • RHP Josh Kinney: $3
  • RHP Jeff Marquez: $3
  • RHP Kevin Millwood: $84
  • RHP Scott Patterson: $3
  • LHP James Paxton: $58
  • LHP Oliver Perez: $21
  • RHP Stephen Pryor: $3
  • C Guillermo Quiroz: $2
  • RHP Erasmo Ramirez: $18
  • INF Luis Rodriguez: $16
  • RHP Forrest Snow: $5
  • C Jesus Sucre: $1
  • LHP Philippe Valiquette: $1
  • RHP Taijuan Walker: $64
Biggest gainer: Kevin Millwood (+$25)
Biggest loser: Munenori Kawasaki (-$21)

I still made a little money this week, even with the biggest loser this week in my portfolio. I made a whopping $2, going from $152 to $154. Part of me is kicking myself for selling Kevin Millwood a week in, but I am surprised that he is easily the most popular non-roster story in camp so far.

On the flip side, poor Ralph Henriquez. I should have tweaked the price formula to guarantee that nobody would ever hit $0, but I thought the odds were remote. I still think they were, but I can't figure out why Henriquez is written about less than Jesus Sucre. At the very least, Ralph has dashing good looks!*

*Last August, I went to a Rainiers game on a field trip with the high-schoolers I work with. A section of the young ladies were checking out ballplayers for "prospects" of their own, and one had an instant crush on Henriquez. I argued that Carlos Triunfel and Alex Liddi were better looking, but maybe my criteria were a little different.

On to my moves for the week. I will sell Nick Franklin, both shares of Stephen Pryor, and one share of Sean Henn, giving me $35 to play with. I will spend $18 on Erasmo Ramirez, $16 on Luis Rodriguez, $1 on Jarrett Grube, and $0 on Ralph Henriquez (free player!)

Make up your own rules and join in if you want to play along! I started with $100 to spend, and allow myself to purchase one new stock of any player each week, at the price listed. I guarantee market efficiency, meaning the overall money in the market (sum of the player prices) never changes. Check back next weekend for the next installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment